Friday, September 12, 2008

Week 4 Muddiest Point

This week’s Muddiest Point is brought to you by a very special and not-so-muddy guest: Rainbow Brite!

A shout out to my homie Chris for allowing me to ride your mustang. And yes, I mean that in the most double entendre-y way possible, just to make you blush brighter than Rainbow Brite’s 80s-tastic scrunchie here. It is by Chris’s request that Rainbow Brite is with us today. Fantabulous sparkles and rainbows y’all!

Annnnnnyway…the muddiest point this week relates to the different types of databases as outlined in Wikipedia.
I pondered and pondered and pondered my little heart out, but I couldn’t think of good examples for a hierarchical model, a network model, and a relational model in tangible terms like grandma’s kitchen (could one be like her recipes, another her spice rack, a third her cooking methodology on Thanksgiving?). Can any reader out there think of a good, tangible, preferably related set analogous to the different database models?

2 comments:

Rian said...

Jacqui,

I completely agree! There were databases for this and database for that and lists and lists and LISTS of things in sentences that dragged on and on and ON! Oh, BTW, love your Princess Bride knowledge! As always, you're the best!

Jacqui Taylor said...

Do what I can, Rian. BTW, we're totally card-carrying members of the mutual appreciation society. You rock my socks with all that you do in your "real" life in addition to skool lyfe!