Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Week 8 Muddiest Point

Mud? I haven't seen any mud. Don't touch the stuff myself.
Know it's a little early...for me at least, but this week's muddiest point for me relates to Koha. Does it have a foreign language complex? I really wanted to add a book about Dominek Hasek (one of my favorite goalies) to my virtual shelf, but the book just wouldn't load past to the second screen (where you have imported the MARC record already, but need to assign it a barcode).
Could this be because the book (and parts of the record) is in Czech? I do have a couple of French books, too, but they're all translations. None of them had any trouble.
Is foreign language a common stumbling block for tools like what we're using this semester?
BTW, the book and all its AWESOMENESS can be found here: http://lccn.loc.gov/2004549421

1 comment:

Daqing said...

Koha has multi-language capability, but i do not know this specific configuration has this capability